August 1-7, 2014
Ithaca is a writer’s haven.
It remains unspoiled by the modern world. Even in the height of summer you can find a secluded beach or a rustic corner to contemplate your thoughts. On Ithaca you’ll discover the island’s rich culture and the reason why it holds such a special place in the hearts of those who have visited its shores.
The Homeric Writers’ Retreat & Workshop invites participants to their very own private odyssey on the island of Ithaca—a retreat about riveting one’s writing through an immersive and intimate Homeric journey.
Enjoy special Excursions, including a guided walk to Homer’s School, dinners, complimentary cocktails by the sea, village sightseeing, traditional dance and festivals. The clear blue seas and lush green valleys and mountains are home to one of the friendliest communities in Greece and the Homeric Writers’ Retreat & Workshop!
Retreat Attendees will receive:
• Expert instruction on all topics of traditional publishing and self-publishing
• A comprehensive critique of the first 50 pages of their work, a full query edit, and/or a synopsis or nonfiction book proposal critique
• Market recommendations for their work
• Free books on writing
• 6 nights at Nostos Hotel, including buffet breakfast
• A welcome and farewell dinner, various events and excursions
• Gift hampers on arrival, filled with traditional Greek goods
Fee: 1,550 Euro per person, all-inclusive.
Note: if you attend the Homeric Writers’ Retreat & Workshop with a friend, and you both stay in the same room, we can knock 250 Euros off each attendance fee. If you are a larger group, a larger discount may be possible. Please make inquiries to Jessica Bell.